1 and 1/2 c S.R flour
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/3 c butter
1/2 c raw sugar
1/3 c mixed fruit
1/4 c milk
- sift the flour and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- rub in butter into the flour and spice. it is ready when it resemble breadcrumbs.
- add raw sugar and mixed fruit with flour mixture and stir
- mix milk and egg together in small jug.
- pour milk and egg mixture into flour and using a wodden spoon stir untill combined
- place 12 even spoonfuls of mixtures onto your greased trays( 3 rows of 4)
- bake for 15-20 minutes. they are ready when theyare light golden brown colour.
- cool rock cakes on wire rack to cool down before presenting your best three on small white plate.